Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She's a Ramblin Gamblin Helluva Enginner



The season of fall technically starts on September 21st. But for any red blooded male (or cool female) fall begins when college and pro football start. True.....we aren't blessed with seventy degree days with no humidity yet (as evidenced by my shirt after ten minutes of being outside), but we know that the dog days are over.

Audra and I were blessed to attend our first Georgia Tech A.H. -----after Hollis. Big thanks to Grand Pam and Grandy for watching her while we hit the Flats for the Thursday night festivities against Jacksonville State.

But the highlight of the weekend was on Saturday morning where we cruised down I-75 to check out Buzz with Hollis, Mom, and I. It was a perfect day for Hollis to meet the mascot of my alma mater. She was by far the youngest fan of Buzz and will never ever remember it, but we are glad we made the trip if for only the picture.

I don't want to go on any rants here....but I catch a lot of hidden laughs when talking about having the Yellow Jackets as a mascot. Apparently its not as cool as UGA VII or maybe not as intimidating as Mike The Tiger or a War Eagle. But tell me.....have you ever been around a swarm of Yellow Jackets? You probably don't need to be told to get the hell out of Dodge. So I am not saying Tech has the coolest team nickname, but it certainly does command respect (plus you won't get barked at during our home football games.)


Audra and I can't wait until we can take this princess down to campus and show her how we party it up during Saturdays in the fall.

No comments: